Listed below are the notables in this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, and why:
* Skype on PSP – A gaming phone is near. Just you wait.
* Cloudbook/Nanobook v. eee and Cloudbook’s coming – Should Asus be threatened? At the same price, Cloudbook/Nanobook appears to be better than eee, spec-wise (except for the weight). We’ll see. Everex better put gOS Rocket on Cloudbook.
* Curved displays – What’s next? a 306-degree-view display? Half Life addicts must be salivating at the potential.
* MSI venturing into mobile phones – First, they have to be aggressive first (they have nice notebooks spec-wise per price point). Second, have a better logo; why can’t MSI use its star logo instead of the logotype MSI?
* eee on Splashtop – It seems that Asus’ miniwonder knows no bounds. What’s next? eee pc server edition?
* USB 3.0 – At least we have an idea on how the connector would look like. Hopefully it is not vaporware.
* Point-here-and-there – Military generals would want this. Congress better look out.