Nikon has just announced the D5000, an entry-level DSLR camera with an articulated (ie, swivel) display.
Main features include:
* 12.3-megapixel DX-format sensor, the same sensor in D90
* maximum ISO speed at 3200, can be expanded to Hi 1 setting of ISO 6400
* 11-point auto focus with 3D focus tracking
* 4 Live View autofocus modes
* 19 scene modes
* D-movie mode – shoot 1280×720 video at 24 frames per second
* 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD monitor
The suggested retail price for body + AF-S NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR image stabilization kit lens is US$849; US$729 for body only.
Read the Nikon press release here.