Jason Rockwood made a Gaymer Survey, with the goal of exploring the role of sexual orientation on gaming habits. What’s interesting in the survey is not only the its LGBT orientation – as Joystiq pointed out, it was the first serious study of any gamer group.
While the results presented in this page are incomplete, they are simply interesting.
3. Gaming devices (PC followed by PS2)
4. Gaming-related expenses ($0-500)
10. Most favored-genres (RPG, then action/adventure)
11. Nintendogs (see author’s note)
31. Orientation spectrum (the reverse bell curve, interesting, this is very rare)
33. Use of the term “gaymer” (neutral)
Go read the survey results.